It’s Saturday! Time to make it even better, sweet and spicy style.
This week has been hectic. My family and I are planning and preparing for a baby shower this Sunday for my sister, Caitlin. Luckily, I only have to make one hundred cupcakes, and not three hundred cupcakes like I did for my sister’s wedding last year. Now, that was hectic.
Unfortunately, since I am in the midst of baking one hundred cupcakes today and tomorrow, I am going to keep this post short, sweet, and simple. But do not fear; I will be posting all of my cupcake recipes and pictures from the shower in the upcoming week!
Now go outside, get some sun, and swim some laps! But when you’re ready to relax, put together a batch of my Mango-Nectarine Salsa and serve with some homemade grilled tortilla chips.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- ½ cup chopped nectarine
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 Italian tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 jalapeño, diced and seeded
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 9 cilantro sprigs, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in medium-sized bowl. Taste and season with garlic, lime, salt, and pepper. Cover and chill until flavors blend.
- Serve with grilled tortilla chips.